Sunday, July 24, 2011

Final Showdown

  Early morning on Friday 22nd of July, 2011, my mother brought me to her class at American University of Sharjah. She is a professor there in MIS but she wanted to show me a footwear company project that her masters students in the school of engineering were working on. There were three teams and they presented information on their product and why customers and investors should choose them. My mom invited two guest judges from the MBA program to help make the final decision on who was the best. I was just there to witness this event and to see how things run in a college. The first team was very professional and handed out folders and water bottles with their logo on it,' Pulse.' They designed a shoe with a specialty called 'Zigtech' which brought balance to every step you take and rippled around your whole foot. The team brought a great mixture of explanation and presentation. The slide shows were interesting and gave a promotion to exercising as the shoe was specified for running, in what I saw. The second team was called 'Jowati' and this was my favorite team, mainly because they were interesting to watch. They put humor along with information on their product. The group, mainly consisting of Emarati locals, associated the royal families in assisting their product mainly with funds. This in turn could help them in the future to market their product internationally. At the end of their presentation, they handed out delicious cupcakes imprinted with Jowati shoes, they also gave keychains, pens, notepads, and personally to my mother and I, a Jowati T-Shirt for my baby sister and me. This team had something different from the other teams, they uploaded a video on Youtube, this is a rather excellent choice to promote a product. They received lots of feedback on their product along with their saying 'Share your dreams with us.' In all, I favored that team the most. The last team which is team three, was a very informative team. They did lots of explaining and were really deep with their product. Their idea seemed wonderful but there was a lack of presentation. Even so, they also did something different, they had an activity. In the middle of the presentation, they distributed hand-outs to everyone with two groups to keep in mind, buyers and investors. The buyers were told on the benefits and features of the shoe whilst the investors were told why you should spend on them. This group was formal, in fact, they even served food in a 'lunch break.' All of the teams were excellent in my opinion and i really enjoyed visiting the university, I learned a lot. Everyone did amazing though some could improve, of course, but it was a hard decision to select the winner of the 'Showdown.' Anyways, the teams put lots of effort and you can even see it for yourself if you were there, congratulations to all!

Jowati Youtube Video: Click Here

2 comments:

Mom said...

It was indeed a very difficult decision to make. All of them were so good. I am very proud of all of them for taking this project very seriously. Job well done!

I'm glad to know that you had lots of fun..college is fun right?

Love,
Mom

AMIR MONAJEM said...

thanks for your feedback and me and all jawati team are happy that you liked it and we all are so proud of having a very good professor like DR.NORITA that she let us to have a dream,hope see you on the stage soon.
AMIR MONAJEM

Hearthstone

So it seems to be a trend for me, new year, new game. This year brings forth the strategic card game known as Hearthstone. Initially, i tho...